#NewsInTweets: 3 Top Officials Of Kolkata Flyover Construction Firm Charged With Murder

Posted on April 2, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 3 top officials from IVRCL, the Hyderabad-based firm contracted to build the Kolkata flyover, have been arrested on charges of murder, culpable homicide and criminal breach of trust by carrier after the flyover collapsed and killed 24.

2. After Bombay HC’s order that women can’t be barred from entering temples, activist Trupti Desai along with others is going to march to the Shani Shingnapur temple today.

3. Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who appeared in ‘Balika Vadhu’ and contested in reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ committed suicide yesterday.

4. NIT Srinagar shut after clash between Kashmiri and non-local students over India’s loss in the World T20 semifinals.

5. Madhya Pradesh government to create a ‘Department of Happiness’, similar to Bhutan. It is a move to combat suicide as well according to CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan.

6. NHAI hikes toll fees on national highways by 3 per cent.

7. Tesla Motors unveiled its $35,000 Model 3.