#NewsInTweets: Chief Justice Urges PM To Address Severe Shortage Of Judges, + 6 More

Posted on April 25, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Chief Justice T. S. Thakur expressed anguish over shortage of judges. He told PM Modi, “#MakeInIndia won’t work without effective judiciary.” He also asked, “How can 18,000 judges tackle 3 crore cases?”

2. Phase 4 of West Bengal elections begin with people beginning to cast votes in Howrah and Kolkata.

3. Hindu groups in California oppose proposed revisions to textbooks that “reinforce cultural stereotypes” and are “factually incorrect”.

4. Sub-inspector Akhtar Ali killed in an encounter with goons in Dadri.

5. Mom forced to leave 14.8 litres of breast milk at Heathrow airport, expressed anguish over “unfair security rules”.

6. UPA govt. intentionally held back key information in VVIP chopper scam, says Italian court.

7. Hillary Clinton campaign slams Donald Trump for mocking Indians, referring to a comment he made about an Indian call centre worker.