#NewsInTweets: After Shani Shingnapur, Activists Set To Enter Haji Ali Dargah; + 8 More

Posted on April 28, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. After Shani Shingnapur, activist Trupti Desai set to enter Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai today. A Shiv Sena leader has protested this move, while Desai has asked Bollywood’s Khans for support.

2. Fire at the bio-diesel plant near Visakhapatnam rages on even after 36 hours.

3. #JNURow: Kanhaiya and others go on indefinite strike to demand that their punishment be revoked.

4. PMModi’s wax statue to be unveiled at Madame Tussauds today.

5. Only 7% of India’s graduates are employable, as per a report by Assocham. Reasons being “lack of quality control and infrastructure, low-paying jobs through campus placement and poor faculty”.

6. A 2-year-old shot his mother by mistake from the backseat of their car in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

7. Priyanka Chopra has been invited to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

8. Google’s Sundar Pichai and Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg come together to build Srinivasa Ramanujan Foundation.

9. Deepika Kumari matches world record at the Archery World Cup.