By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. A senior NIA officer was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in U.P.’s Bijnor district. He was also a part of the team investigating the Pathankot terror attack. His wife was seriously injured and has been admitted to a hospital and the police have started their probe to ascertain the exact reason behind the attack.
2. Death toll reaches 26 in the Kolkata flyover tragedy and one more person from the construction firm has been arrested.
3. Activist Trupti Desai and a group of women were stopped from entering the Shani Shingnapur temple yesterday despite the Bombay HC’s order. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis said there’s “no place for discrimination in Hindu culture” though no one should disturb law and order “in the name of publicity”.
4. A committee will visit Maharashtra’s Latur district to assess the severe drought situation and look for solutions.
5. An employee with an IT firm was tied and thrashed for allegedly stalking a woman in Bengaluru.
6. Jail inmates riot in Varanasi.
7. England and West Indies to battle it out for the World T20 trophy tonight in the series final.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.