By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. The father of teen allegedly driving in Mercedes hit-and-run case has been held for culpable homicide. The police has also stated that the same car had been booked for speeding and rash driving in the past as well.
2. Breaking a 400-year-old tradition, women offer prayers in inner sanctum of Shani Shingnapur temple.
3. After Bihar imposed a complete ban on liquor in the state, two alcohol addicts, including a policeman, have died after developing withdrawal symptoms.
4. Two teenagers allegedly shot dead an Uber cab driver over a petty argument. The police have stated that they left Kuldeep Thakur’s body in a secluded place and fled.
5. Bharti Airtel acquires rights to use 4G spectrum of Aircel in eight telecom circles for Rs 3,500 crore, this will make the firm a pan-India operator for providing high-speed mobile data services.
6. North Korea announced that it has successfully tested a new intercontinental ballistic rocket engine that gives it the ability to stage nuclear strikes on the United States.
7. The ninth edition of the Indian Premiere League starts with a grand opening ceremony. The first IPL match will be held between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants in Mumbai today.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.