Watch: How These Kids Learned A Lesson About Gender Stereotyping They’ll Never Forget

Posted on May 23, 2016 in Video, Women Empowerment

By Writu Bose:

“Have a think in your head what a fire-fighter looks like to you,” a class full of bright young toddlers were asked. “He is big and strong,” one of the girls replied with a tinge of assertion in her voice. All her friends too had various images in their minds. All unique in their own ways but sharing the common factor of ‘he’ and ‘strong’.

Children do have their imagination running free and wild. But that is often shaped by what they see, learn and absorb. In our society where gender bias is so pervasive and easily accepted, kids inculcate certain ideas. We are hence, producing a brand of gender-insensitive people by not taking action.

Watch this kindergarten school in UK address the issue in the simplest yet most efficient and powerful way. Plus, the glitter in the eyes of a bunch of munchkins is not something you would want to miss!