“My Period Blood Is Not Gross”: Watch How Queen Shuts Down Haters, Royally!

By Lipi Mehta:

There’s hardly anyone who’s not talking about Kangana Ranaut these days. Unfortunately, more than her National Award win and her performance as an actor, people have been concerned about what’s the latest on the Hrithik-Kangana spat and wondering whether the horrific statements made by her ex are true (he said she mixed “period blood” in his drink and performed black magic on him). Priorities, people!

Kangana spoke to Barkha Dutt on NDTV in an extremely powerful interview about dealing with all the “bizarre things” and “name calling” that she has been subjected to. “There is nothing gross about my period blood,” she said, in a calm, measured tone. She insisted that we must stop saying so because it will give a complex to women leaders in the future who might think it’s gross to be a woman, despite menstruation being such a natural bodily function. I honestly can’t think of any actor who has bashed menstruation stigma in this way and then gone on to call out the sexist misogynistic country we’re living in.

So, for all the times you’ve felt you can’t talk about the ‘red-red thing’ or ‘having your chums’, hopefully, this will completely change your thinking.

P.S. People have called her a ‘whore’, ‘slut’, ‘witch’ and what not, but wait till you hear Kangana’s response to these!