Try And Hold Back Your Tears As You Watch This Moving Tribute To Moms By The Olympics

Posted on May 8, 2016 in Society, Video

By Merril Diniz:

Each morning when I wake up, no matter how wretched I feel, no matter what the previous day has been like, no matter what nightmares have kept me awake at night, I know my spirit will light up, as soon as I turn on my phone. Because there, lying in the crevices of Whatsapp, will be a message from my mother.

An image about how daughters are so awesome. A breathtaking photograph of flowers she took herself to cheer me up. A quote about believing in myself. About the gift of life. About never giving up. Or not letting criticism get one down.

Growing up, I took my mom’s love for granted, as if it was something the universe owed me. But the video below made me realise this – to receive a mother’s unconditional love is a privilege and an honour, not to be taken for granted. Ever.