By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Clashes erupted at Jadavpur University after a screening of ‘Buddha In A Traffic Jam’ was interrupted. Following the screening, a few women students complained of molestation by some “outsiders”.
2. Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants were killed in Kashmir’s Pulwama district after an encounter that occurred during a search operation.
3. Mumbai High Court has decriminalised possession and consumption of beef from outside Maharashtra but upheld the ban on cow slaughter in the state.
4. Board results for ISCE and ISC declared.
5. The Death Penalty Research Project undertaken by the National Law University has conducted a detailed study on death row convicts in India for the first time.
6. London elects Labour Party leader Sadiq Khan as the first Muslim mayor.
7. Mercury will be seen passing in front of the Sun today. It will be visible in India around 4.41 PM.
8. Dutee Chand grabbed the spotlight once again as she won the gold in women’s 100m dash in the second leg of Indian Grand Prix athletics series at the NIS tracks in Patiala on Friday.
9. Union Minister Babul Supriyo met with an accident on the way to the airport in Delhi. He received minor injuries and is said to be out of danger.
Featured image credit: HT Media