#NewsInTweets: BJP Vote Share Rises In WB, Assam And Kerala, Congress Loses Ground

Posted on May 20, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. BJP vote share spikes in Assam, WB and Kerala as Congress loses political stronghold. Karnataka is now the only major state under the Congress party’s leadership.

2. 2016 is likely to be the hottest year EVER. Land and ocean temperatures have reached record warm temperatures.

3. Cyclone Roanu to hit Odisha and Andhra Pradesh, alert declared. INS Sunayna & INS Sutlej rushed to Colombo with relief material for floods in Sri Lanka.

4. Hunt for the wreckage of EgyptAir ensues in the Mediterranean Sea. France PM confirmed the crash of the flight yesterday.

5. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to visit India on May 30.

6. Phalodi in Rajasthan records India’s highest ever temperature.

7. Anil Kapoor to star in ‘Family Guy’, reveals first look. He is the first Indian actor to star in the animated sitcom.