#NewsInTweets: 500,000 Fled Their Homes, Over 20 Killed As Cyclone Roanu Hit Bangladesh

Posted on May 22, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. At least 24 killed, over 100 injured in Cyclone Roanu in Bangladesh.

2. Arvind Kejriwal to visit Goa today, for his first rally in the state. AAP is confident of winning Goa elections in 2017.

3. 17 cellphones worth more than Rs. 1.5 lakh recovered from Siwan Jail in a police raid.

4. 16-year-old Ajay Kumar wrote his class 12 exams with his feet, scored 71%. Ajay has a physical disability and can also use a laptop with his feet.

5. Taliban leader Mullah Mansoor likely killed in US airstrike in the Afghanistan-Pakistan border region.

6. 2,136 out of 2,514 students with disabilities passed the CBSE board exams ‘comfortably’.

7. NCW sends notice to Aligarh Muslim University regarding gender bias in university.

8. Anurag Thakur set to become youngest BCCI president, files nomination papers.

9. Mumbai: Govt. to transform beachfront between Versova and Juhu into a water sports hub.

Featured image courtesy: The Economic Times / Twitter