#NewsInTweets: Man Allegedly Kills Daughter (17) For Relationship With ‘Lower Caste’ Boy

Posted on May 24, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 17-year-old girl in Karnataka allegedly killed by her father for being in love with a boy from a different caste.

2. ACSE study shows there might be potentially cancer-causing chemicals in bread.

3. President Pranab Mukherjee to begin a four-day trip to China. He is accompanied by leading academicians who will sign a MoU with Chinese educational institutions.

4. 150 people killed in government-controlled territory in Syria. Islamic State claims they carried out the attack.

5. 60-year-old restaurant owner in Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar shot at after scuffle with four unidentified men.

6. Jayalalithaa promises a phased ban on liquor in Tamil Nadu soon after swearing-in. She has also ordered a crop loan waiver for farmers in Tamil Nadu.

7. Top Jaish-e-Mohammad commander among two militants killed in a gunbattle in Srinagar’s Sariabala area.