#NewsInTweets: 13-Year-Old Brutally Raped And Left Near Train Tracks In Delhi

Posted on May 26, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 13-year-old brutally raped and dumped near a railway track in south-east Delhi. CM Arvind Kejriwal is to visit her at AIIMS today.

2. A Decorated Navy officer has been accused of molesting a junior officer. He has been sent on leave and a board of enquiry set up.

3. African envoys decide to stay away from ‘Africa Day’ celebration in New Delhi to express their anger after the lynching of a Congolese national recently.

4. Sarbananda Sonowal is among the 9 crorepatis in the 11-member cabinet in Assam.

5. Pinarayi Vijayan swears in as Chief Minister of Kerala. The full page advertisements in all major newspapers featuring the new CM draw criticism.

6. One police officer killed in an attack on National Conference leader in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir.

7. Doctors from Delhi government hospitals to go on strike today to demand an increase in salaries and allowances.

8. The Supreme Court will hear Italian marine Salvatore Girone’s bail plea today seeking relaxation of conditions for his return to Italy. He, along with another Italian marine, has been accused of killing two fishermen off the coast of Kerala in 2012.

9. Indian origin scientist Suvrath Mahadevan to head NASA mission for exoplanet search.