#NewsInTweets: Over 30 Men Allegedly Rape Teen In Brazil, Post Photos & Videos Online

Posted on May 28, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Over 30 men allegedly rape 16-year-old girl in Brazil. 4 suspects have been identified.

2. Sedition case registered against Jat leader and 125 others in Haryana for allegedly threatening communal harmony by calling for a fresh quota agitation.

3. 8 people including 5 Haryana policemen booked for murder under IPC for an alleged fake encounter in Mumbai.

4. Migrant boat capsizes off the Libya coast, says Italian coast guard. 88 people rescued so far.

5. CBSE Class X results to come out by today afternoon.

6. Report on disappearance of files relating to Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter case likely to miss deadline. Additional Secretary B. K. Prasad had informed Home Secretary of his “inability” to trace the files.

7. Rahul Gandhi to lead ‘Mashal Juloos’ in Delhi to protest the power and water crisis. Arvind Kejriwal has assured strict action against defaulting power companies.

8. Japan’s oldest elephant ‘Hanako’ dies at the age of 69.