#NewsInTweets: 7 African Nationals Attacked By Mob Within 30 Mins In South Delhi

Posted on May 29, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 7 African nationals were allegedly attacked by mob in South Delhi’s Chhatarpur. The victims said the attackers hurled racial slurs at them and beat them with iron rods, sticks, bricks and cricket bats. Police is investigating the matter.

2. The Spanish-built Talgo train was tested for speed on the Bareilley-Moradabad rail route in Uttar Pradesh. The Talgo train can maintain an average speed of 125 km per hour and saves considerable amount of energy.

3. Leader of a Pakistan Islamic Council proposes bill allowing men to ‘lightly’ beat their wives to discipline them.

4. ISRO will launch a record 22 satellites in a single mission in June. The space agency had earlier sent ten satellites into orbit in a single mission in 2008.

5. Cloudburst in Uttarakhand damages over half a dozen villages and leaves pilgrims stranded disrupting the Char Dhaam Yatra.

6. Newspaper employee beaten up for overtaking an SUV in Bihar, allegedly driven by men under the influence of alcohol.

7. In her first speech as CM, Mehbooba Mufti says she will bring Kashmiri Pandits back to the valley.