#NewsInTweets: 15-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Gang Raped, Murdered And Tied To A Tree In UP

Posted on May 30, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A teenaged girl was allegedly abducted, gang-raped and murdered in UP’s Bahraich. Her body was found hanging from a tree. Two suspects have been arrested.

2. A 29-year-old woman gave birth to a boy in a Delhi Police PCR van after she went into labour while travelling in a train. The mother and child have been admitted to a hospital.

3. At least 2 killed and 40 electrocuted after a live wire fell on a bus carrying students in Tamil Nadu. The injured students have been taken to the hospital.

4. Former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh’s grandson Harkirat Singh allegedly committed suicide. However, his wife claims that he accidently shot himself while cleaning his pistol.

5. According to a report, Elephanta Caves, world heritage site close to Mumbai, are facing damage threat from rising sea level. A total of 130 sites have been identified that face risk from sea levels.

6. Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Royal Challengers Bangalore to win their maiden IPL. RCB lost by 8 runs.

7. Over 700 migrants feared dead after multiple boats capsized in the Mediterranean sea off the Libyan coast.

8. Heavy rainfall and storm in Delhi cause major damage. Over 27 flights, including PM Modi’s flight, have been diverted. Hundreds of travellers stranded.

9. At least six have been killed after a cloudburst in Uttarakhand. Hundreds, including pilgrims, have been stranded.