By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Jawaharlal Nehru does not find mention in new Class VIII textbook in Rajasthan.
2. An Ola cab driver has been accused of molestation by a 23-year-old Belgian woman in Delhi.
3. A new ‘antibody-based drug’ has been developed to fight HIV. Researchers claim it has clear advantages over the drugs that are used now.
4. Islamist extremists are suspected to have killed Shahidulla, a Sufi saint in Bangladesh. Although he was killed in a manner similar to that of academics and bloggers recently, a property dispute angle is also being probed.
5. 3 militants from the Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Toiba killed. Eight people were injured in the protests that followed in Pulwama district in south Kashmir.
6. FTII director received a letter threatening any association with JNU leader Kanhaiya Kumar. The parcel had, according to him, a “bomb like assembly” and the source of the letter is unknown.
7. Jadavpur University is turning into a “centre for disturbance,” says West Bengal Governor.