#NewsInTweets: Indian Air Force Commissions 1st Batch Of Women Fighter Pilots

Posted on June 18, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. IAF has commissioned its first batch of women fighter pilots. The three flying cadets who have been commissioned are Bhawana Kath, Avani Chatuvedi and Mohana Singh.

2. A total of 24 kg gold has disappeared over the years from the vault at IGI airport. It had been placed there by the customs department.

3. Diplomats from 28 nations are to hold pride events in Delhi. Their joint statement comes in the wake of the recent shooting in an LGBT nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

4. Madras HC has directed the Tamil Nadu government to form a committee to check alcohol consumption.

5. 9 civilians have been killed in airstrikes in rebel-held areas in Aleppo, Syria.

6. 7 militants and 2 security personnel have been killed in the past 4 days in Srinagar.

7. Availability of water stands at 15% in 91 major reservoirs in India.

8. 25 people are dead and 33,200 displaced after torrential rains and flash floods in southern China.