#NewsInTweets: Ex-Cricketer Appointed As Fashion Institute Head; RBI Chief To Step Down

Posted on June 19, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Over 20 students from the tribal belt of Madhya Pradesh crack IIT. They were taught under a government programme for children from backward villages.

2. Raghuram Rajan to step down as RBI Chief. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said his successor will be announced shortly.

3. Former cricketer Chetan Chauhan appointed as head of National Institute of Fashion Technology.

4. Karnataka cabinet reshuffle: 10-14 ministers to be dropped. CM says he’ll announce the new list of ministers soon.

5. Egyptian court sentences 2 Al Jazeera journalists to death for allegedly passing documents related to national security to Qatar and the Doha-based TV network during the rule of Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.

6. Mars crater named after Langtang, a quake-hit village in Nepal.

7. 1200 surya namaskars in 1 go: Baba Ramdev aims for 4 world records on World Yoga Day.