#NewsInTweets: AIDS Deaths In India Down By 55% Since 2007, Claims Health Minister

Posted on June 10, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Health Minister JP Nadda claims AIDS deaths in India have reduced 55% since 2007.

2. Madhya Pradesh BJP MLA Rajendra Dadu killed in road accident on Indore-Bhopal road.

3. 10 people killed and 8 are missing after boating disaster in China’s Minjiang river. There were 36 people on board.

4. Shyam Benegal Committee suggests an ‘Adult with Caution’ category for films with ‘excessive’ adult content.

5. Islamic State claims responsibility for suicide bombings in Baghdad which have left at least 39 dead.

6. Indian Railways introduce pilot project for optional catering service. For the next 45 days, passengers choosing to carry their own food will pay less in Secunderabad-Pune Shatabdi Express and Mumbai Central-Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express.

7. Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant in MP dumping fly ash is causing problems in neighbouring villages.