#NewsInTweets: Dashar Kumbh Mela Celebrated In Kashmir After 75 Years

Posted on June 15, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. The Dashar Kumbh, was celebrated in Kashmir after 75 years. Thousands of Kashmiri Pandits gathered in Ganderbal with the help of local Muslims.

2. BJP MP Hukum Singh says Kairana ‘exodus’ was not because of communal disharmony but law and order issue two days after stating that 346 Hindu families had fled the village from UP.

3. Protests erupted in Jammu after a temple was allegedly vandalised by a man who is said to have been mentally ill. A mob attacked a police station and some vehicles were set on fire.

4. According to Arabic news agency al-Amaq, IS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed in a US-led coalition airstrike. US officials are yet to confirm.

5. Telangana govt. declares global emergency after Polio virus detected in a water sample in Hyderabad.

6. OnePlus 3 launched in India at Rs 27,999.

7. A domestic worker who was allegedly held hostage for six years was rescued by Delhi Police from a house in Model Town. The girl, a minor, said that she was assaulted and was not paid any salary.

8. 18 Asiatic lions have been rounded up by the police for the murder of three in Gujarat. The lion found guilty would be sent to a zoo as ‘punishment’.