#NewsInTweets: Restrict Student Politics On Campus, Says Govt. Panel Out Of ‘Concern’

Posted on June 16, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. TSR Subramanian committee suggests restrictions on student politics in college campuses. The committee had been formed to make recommendations for a new education policy.

2. 40 minutes of ‘Udta Punjab’ leaked online with ‘for censor’ written on top left corner. The makers of the film have filed an FIR with the cyber cell of the Mumbai Police against ‘unknown people’. Shahid Kapoor and Alia Bhatt urge fans to watch the film in theatres only.

3. 50-year-old landlord In Delhi’s Sangam Vihar allegedly sexually assaults minor.

4. Children start drinking at the age of 13 in Delhi, finds survey.

5. Woman CRPF constable commits suicide in Delhi. She was said to have been suffering from depression.

6. 39 of the 40 Indians abducted by ISIS in 2014 were shot dead, say Kurdish officials.

7. Assassination attempt on Hindu lecturer in Bangladesh by suspected Islamists.

8. Hyderabad on high alert as a strain of polio was found in sewage water there. Authorities have said that a vaccination drive will begin on Monday which aims to vaccinate about 3,00,000 children. Ministry of Health reiterates that “India continues to be polio free”.

9. ISRO planning to launch 22 satellites on a single rocket.

Featured image for representation only. Credit: Praveen Negi/India Today Group/Getty Images.