By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. A labourer from Assam has been arrested for the murder of Jisha, a law student who was found brutally murdered in her house in Kerala. Amir Ul Islam, is a migrant labourer from Assam, and has already confessed to the murder.
2. A 38-year-old businessman was strangulated to death allegedly by a gang of robbers in his house in Chattarpur, Delhi. Five men have been arrested for the same.
3. According to the final report of its “door-to-door” probe by the Shamli administration, only 3 Hindu families left Kairana over ‘fear’ of persecution.
4. The registration of Teesta Setalvad’s NGO was cancelled for alleged violation of the FCRA. The Home Ministry barred Sabrang Trust from receiving any foreign funds.
5. British Labour MP Jo Cox died after being shot and stabbed in the street on Thursday. A vigil was held to honour her.
6. According to WHO, almost 26% of global maternal deaths occur in India each year. At least one woman in India dies every five minutes during pregnancy and child birth.
7. A 45-year-old man from Tamil Nadu, working as a construction labourer, is facing a death sentence in Qatar for allegedly murdering a woman. His family has reached out to the External Affairs Ministry for help.
8. ABVP has demanded dhoti-kurta and saree as the dress code for Ranchi University’s convocation. They have threatened to hold a protest and disrupt the ceremony if the traditional convocation gown is not discontinued.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.