#NewsInTweets: Man Deserts Wife After ‘Failed Virginity Test’ By Caste Panchayat

Posted on June 2, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Man in Maharashtra deserts wife after she ‘fails’ the Panchayat’s virginity test. The controversial practice involves community members waiting outside the house as the couple has intercourse to check if the bride bleeds from her vagina afterwards.

2. SIT court verdict expected to deliver verdict on Gulberg society massacre in Ahmedabad during Gujarat riots in 2002.

3. Man in Goa stabs his two daughters for talking to a boy. One of the girls died on the spot, while the other is in hospital.

4. 17 people killed in a lightning strike in Odisha. The lightning, which was followed by heavy shower, also claimed lives of 21 livestock.

5. DU will now have separate cut-offs for Kashmiri migrants.

6. 40 dead tiger cubs found at the controversial Tiger Temple in Thailand. The temple had been under investigation for illegal trade of tigers for some time.

7. Illegal female genital mutilation at a private hospital in Egypt kills 17-year-old girl.

8. Girl dies after immolating herself to escape alleged rape. The 15-year-old succumbed to injuries in Lucknow Civil Hospital.