#NewsInTweets: International Yoga Day Celebrated Across India And 135 Other Nations

Posted on June 21, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

The 2nd International Yoga Day was celebrated across India and 135 nations, including 40 Muslim nations. Around 40-50 crore people are estimated to have taken part.

A 22-year-old woman who was allegedly gang raped a month ago, committed suicide on Monday in Delhi. Police say she left a note which said that she and her family were being pressurised by the accused.

India bans the use of cancer-causing potassium bromate in bread and other food substances.

A gunfight broke between militants and forces after the arrest of a top Lashkar-e-Taiba commander.

A minibus blast in Kabul killed 25, including at least 2 Indians.

A 19-year-old British man was arrested for attempting to murder Donald Trump at a rally in Las Vegas.

Donald Trump fires Campaign Manager ahead of general elections, and a month before he is to secure the official nomination at the party’s convention in Cleveland.

A crater on Mars has been named after Langtang, a village in Nepal hit by the 2015 earthquake where at least 216 people died.