#NewsInTweets: 21-Year-Old Girl Brutally Gang Raped In Bihar, Admitted To Hospital

Posted on June 23, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 21-year-old brutally gang raped in Motihari, Bihar, allegedly assaulted with pistols and wooden objects.

2. A Noida court will hear a petition seeking FIR against Mohammad Akhlaq’s family for cow slaughter today.

3. Anju Bobby George has quit as president of Kerala Sports Council. She has said that the entire board is resigning.

4. UK to have referendum on exiting the EU today. The result is too close to call, polls show.

5. Doctors at Fortis Hospital in Shalimar Bagh operates on the wrong leg of a 24-year-old.

6. Prominent Qawwali singer Amjad Sabri was shot dead in Karachi by unknown gunmen.

7. A drunk man in Delhi jumps off from vehicle letting his wife and 4-month-old daughter drown.

Featured image credit: RAVEENDRAN/AFP/Getty Images.