#NewsInTweets: Army Digs Out Mines From Near Border, Hands Back Land To Farmers

Posted on June 24, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. The Army has handed over de-mined farmlands along the LoC to people living near the border in Rajouri district, Jammu.

2. 6 militants killed in two encounters in Kupwara, Kashmir.

3. SC will hear a PIL seeking a ban on WhatsApp on June 29, 2016. The petition was filed by an RTI activist from Gurgaon. The reason for demanding a ban is WhatsApp’s end-to-end (E2E) encryption which has been argued to be a potential threat to national security.

4. 500 new panchayats have been approved in Odisha by the state government.

5. The Public Safety Act slapped on a “lunatic” youth in Kashmir is going to be revoked. He had been accused of desecrating the Aap Shamboo temple in Jammu.

6. Former Karnataka BJP MLA allegedly beats his wife in public.

7. The Cambodian PM was fined for not wearing a helmet during a motorbike ride. He has publicly apologised for it.

8. Britain has voted to leave the EU. While the results from some constituencies are yet to be declared, most have called the final tally in favour of Brexit

Featured image for representation only. Credit: Yawar Nazir/NurPhoto via Getty Images.