#NewsInTweets: 24-Year-Old Woman Hacked To Death In Chennai By Suspected Stalker

Posted on June 25, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A 24-year-old woman software-professional was brutally murdered in full public view on a railway station platform in Chennai. It has been suspected that this was a crime of passion involving a stalker.

2. At least 8 people were killed and at least 15 others injured after a bus fell into a gorge near Dehradun.

3. An FIR was filed against AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for allegedly slapping a 60-year-old man. This is the second one within a week.

4. 3 students in a nursing college in Karnataka were arrested for allegedly ragging a Dalit student from Kerala. The student has suffered damage to her internal organs and is now being treated in a hospital.

5. A tribal couple in Rajasthan was allegedly paraded naked for two days as punishment for their extra marital affair.

6. Flooding in USA’s West Virginia has killed 20 people and stranded many others. The state is currently carrying out a search and rescue mission.

7. Clashes across Yemen on Friday killed 22 Shiite rebels and 11 members of pro-government forces after peace talks hit a new barrier, according to officials.

8. The Pentagon is set to lift its ban on transgender troops within the coming weeks, US media reported.

9. Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron has decided to step down after the country voted to leave the European Union.