#NewsInTweets: 8 Jawans Killed, At Least 20 Injured After Militants Attack Convoy In J&K

Posted on June 26, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 8 soldiers were killed and at least 2o were injured when a CRPF convoy was attacked in J&K’s Pampore district. Two terrorists were killed during retaliation. Lashkar-e-Taiba has claimed responsibility for the attack.

2. Sonia Gandhi had contemplated imposing Emergency during 2011-2012, said Subramanian Swamy.

3. Air India’s Frequent Flier Miles Programme gets hacked, throws focus on cyber threats in aviation.

4. Bihar Board Exam topper Ruby Rai arrested after she failed her re-examination.

5. Manish Sisodia accused of intimidating businessmen, will “surrender” to PM Modi at 7 pm today.

6. Man in Chennai killed wife and 3 daughters, lived with bodies for 2 days. He killed them in a fit of anger of not being allowed inside the house after sunset, as the house was too small and his daughters needed privacy.

7. A 15-year-old boy was allegedly pushed off of a moving train by the TTE as he failed to produce a ticket.

Featured image and banner image credit: Faisal Khan/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images