#NewsInTweets: Shamli Police Keep Tabs On WhatsApp After Kairana Exodus Controversy

Posted on June 27, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

Shamli police are keeping a tab on messages sent through WhatsApp after alleged exodus controversy in Kairana and Kandhla.

A 10-year-old boy was hospitalised in UP after a minor girl tried to force him to have sex with her.

A 24-year-old model was arrested for allegedly running a prostitution racket in Mumbai under the guise of a production house.

A survivor of gang rape in Haryana has served a Rs 10-crore damage notice to Salman Khan and also demanded that he tender a public apology over his remark about rape.

After renaming its library after Ambedkar, JNU has decided to rename its roads after Indian visionaries.

The govt. is working to create an online facility that’ll allow children to report abuse anonymously. Officials say that simple language, pictures and icons will be used to ensure that even young children can use this facility.

The world’s second biggest advertiser and owner of Axe deodorants, Unilever, announced that it will drop sexist stereotypes from its ads globally.

At least 50 clerics have issued a fatwa that marriage with a transgender person is now lawful in Pakistan.

A Singapore Airlines flight to Milan caught fire after returning to Changi Airport. All passengers and crew are safe.

Featured image: Illustration by Thomas Trutschel/Photothek via Getty Images