#NewsInTweets: 7th Pay Commission Approved, 23.5% Hike In 1 Crore Govt. Salaries

Posted on June 30, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A hike of 23.5% in salaries of 1 crore government staff has been approved by the Cabinet based on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission.

2. 8 people were killed as a fire broke out in a building in Andheri, Mumbai.

3. Suspicions raised over Pune constables claiming to be India’s first couple to scale Mt. Everest.

4. Two Hizbul Mujahideen operatives have been arrested in Sopore, Kashmir. Arms and ammunition have been recovered from them.

5. The Supreme Court has dismissed a PIL seeking a ban on WhatsApp. The petition had claimed that the messaging app could pose a threat to national security.

6. Salman Khan’s reply to the summons for his ‘rape’ comment was ‘not apologetic’, said NCW..

7. MP is set to become the first state to get a ‘Happiness Ministry’.

Featured image credit: REUTERS/Adnan Abidi.
Banner image credit: Sushil Kumar/Hindustan Times via Getty Images.