#NewsInTweets: 24 Killed In Violence In Mathura; Over 300 Arrested

Posted on June 4, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 24 die as police attempt to evict squatters occupying Mathura’s largest public park for the past two years. Over 3000 protesters had gathered to thwart the attempts of the police to clear the area. Two senior police officers also died as the protesters shot at them without prior warning.

2. Delhi Police arrested 5 and detained 1 in connection with an illegal organ donation racket in Delhi’s Apollo Hospital.

3. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali dies at 74 after he was hospitalised for respiratory problems.

4. Train stationed at Jharkhand’s Hazaribagh stop catches fire. The spark started at the food preparing coach.

5. The Art of Living Foundation directed to pay Rs. 4.75 cr as environmental compensation by NGT. The amount is to make up for the damage caused to the Yamuna floodplains during preparations for the World Culture Festival held in March.

6. Nita Ambani might be the first Indian woman to be elected to the International Olympic Committee.

7. Pakistani nationals Fidra Mehtab and Mohammed Umar Anjum to get their son Aayan treated for hearing loss in Delhi. The couple had not received positive response from other hospitals.