#NewsInTweets: At Least 17 Dead In A Bus Crash On Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Posted on June 5, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. At least 17 killed in accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. The mishap occurred when a luxury bus collided with two cars and fell into a ditch.

2. Fresh round of Jat quota agitation starts today. 48 companies of paramilitary forces have been deployed in Haryana.

3. Teenage driver in the Mercedes hit-and-run case to be tried as an adult.

4. 7 injured in hawker eviction drive by Government Railway Police at railway station in South 24 Parganas.

5. 32 security personnel killed in Niger in clashes with Boko Haram. Two of them were Nigerian soldiers.

6. Nearly 100 radical Sikh activists put under preventive detention ahead of June 6. The government is on high alert as June 6 is the anniversary of Operation Bluestar.

7. Cult leader behind the violence in Mathura has been confirmed dead.

8. 5 held for kidney racket in Appollo Hospital in Delhi. 2 among them are hospital staff.

9. International Space Station tour now available on YouTube. The video has been uploaded on the YouTube channel of the European Space Agency.

10. India is among the top 5 countries to be attacked by ransomware, or malware that forces online users to pay a ransom in order to get access to their systems or get their data back. This was revealed by Kaspersky Lab, a Russia-based security group.