By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. NCRB report reveals that Indian Christians, Dalits and tribals have the highest suicide rates. The data was collected in 2014 but the Home Ministry didn’t release the published report in 2015 and has only now emerged after an RTI was filed by The Indian Express.
2. A teenage girl was shot dead after she refused to marry a man double her age in Uttar Pradesh.
3. Reports reveal that the UP govt. turned a blind eye to intelligence reports that warned of firearms in Mathura’s Jawahar Bagh. 24 died including two police officers due to this negligence as 3000 satyagrahis of Swadheen Bharat Subhash Sena had encroached the area for over 2 years.
4. A horrifying triple murder was reported in Northeast Delhi after neighbours complained of intolerable stench. The bodies of a 50-year-old woman along with her two daughters were discovered with multiple stab wounds.
5. Security tightened in Punjab as the 32nd anniversary of Operation Blue Star is observed at Golden Temple.
6. Maharashtra SSC results to be announced today at 1 p.m. finally ending many days of speculations. About 17 lakh students from all over the state have been waiting for the results.
7. Interpol seeks clarification before issuing global arrest warrant against Vijay Mallya from the Enforcement Directorate in relation to a money laundering case.
8. Independent India’s first Mr. Universe Manohar Aich dies at 104. The bodybuilder is said to have never quit exercise and lived with the mantra of living a healthy and strong life.