#NewsInTweets: Maharashtra Police Officers Become 1st Indian Couple To Scale Mt. Everest

Posted on June 8, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A police couple from Maharashtra conquer Mt. Everest. They are the first Indian couple to do so.

2. Two hospital staff committed rape on a 22-year-old woman in Gurgaon. The woman was undergoing treatment for depression in the hospital.

3. All India Radio finishes 80 years. In 1936, ‘All India State Broadcasting Service’ was renamed to ‘All India Radio’.

4. The person responsible for Apollo Hospital’s kidney racket arrested in Kolkata.

5. India is set to become a driver of global economy, said PM Modi, saying the world needs a “new engine of growth”.

6. IS militants suspected behind the hacking of a Hindu priest in Bangladesh.

7. Maneka Gandhi said marital rape law will make no difference, as women are unlikely to complain. This, after the Minister of Women and Child Development said that “the concept of marital law does not apply in India” due to factors like illiteracy, poverty, family system, etc.

8. 15 passengers injured in bus explosion in Haryana.