#NewsInTweets: Delhi Children’s Home Superintendent Arrested For Allegedly Raping 3 Minors

Posted on June 9, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Superintendent of children’s home in Lajpat Nagar arrested for allegedly raping 3 minors.

2. Files reportedly linked to Bihar fodder scam go missing.

3. Woman in Pakistan burnt alive 18-year-old daughter for marrying her lover.

4. 5 dead and 51 wounded in a car bomb explosion allegedly by Kurdish rebel at police headquarters near Turkey’s border with Syria.

5. India ranks 141st on the Global Peace Index in a list of 163 countries compiled by the Institute for Economics and Peace.

6. Maria Sharapova banned from playing tennis for 2 years for violating anti-doping rules. The ban is effective retrospectively from January 26.

7. Environmentalists demand action as Mathura violence leads to the destruction of over 5,000 trees.

8. Taliban kidnaps nearly 40 people on the main road through Kunduz.

9. Anurag Kashyap says Udta Punjab release date will not be shifted. The producers have appealed to the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal for further action after the Censor Board officially informed them of the 89 cuts in the film.

Featured image for representation only. Credit: Jasjeet Plaha/Hindustan Times via Getty Images.