#NewsInTweets: Arrest Akhlaq’s Family For Consuming Beef, Dadri Residents Demand

Posted on June 7, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Dadri residents demand arrest of Mohammad Akhlaq’s family within 20 days. This, after a finding from a forensic laboratory in Mathura was made public, that the meat Akhlaq and his family consumed belonged to “cow or its progeny”.

2. Case lodged against Bihar’s toppers who failed their retest. They were asked to take a retest after suspicions of cheating arose.

3. Girls have performed better than boys in the Maharashtra SSC exams. The pass percentage however has dropped by 3%.

4. Qatar released 23 Indian prisoners after PM Modi’s visit. “A special gesture to mark the start of a special month…the Government of Qatar releases 23 prisoners, who will return home to India,” tweeted the PM.

5. Censor Board orders 89 cuts in ‘Udta Punjab’. The board also wants the makers to drop ‘Punjab’ from the title.

6. Arctic regions are getting greener because of climate change, with almost a third of the land cover looking more like a landscape.

7. RBI Policy to be announced today. Experts deliberate on whether there will be a rate cut or not.

8. 1 rape was reported every 4 hours in Delhi in 2015, revealed NCRB data. Till May, 781 cases of rape were reported in the capital, a 7.5% increase from last year. A report by the city’s police however, showed a 73.11% acquittal rate in crime cases against women in Delhi.