Twitter Review: ‘Udta Punjab’ Is The ‘Cinematic Drug’ Bollywood Needed

Posted on June 17, 2016 in Culture-Vulture

By YKA Staff:

‘Udta Punjab’ finally released on June 17, 2016. The film had received nationwide attention after the Central Board Of Film Certification first almost banned it, then suggested 89 cuts to it. The film’s producer, Anurag Kashyap took the matter to the Bombay High Court, which cleared the film to be released with an ‘A’ certificate. Following that, just a day before its release, the film was leaked online.

After all the drama, the movie has hit the theatres with much hype around it.

By now, almost everyone knows what the film is about – the rampant spread of drug abuse in Punjab through the lives of rockstar Tommy (Shahid Kapoor), migrant labourer Kumari Pinky (Alia Bhatt), Dr Preet Sahani (Kareena Kapoor Khan) and police office Sartaj Singh (Diljit Dosanjh).

It’s only been half a day since its release, but the film seems to have already garnered massive responses from the industry and audiences, and most of them are singing praises, take a look!

No more sarson ke khet, thankfully!

Addictive!

Alia fan only.

Other actors had their share of praise.

Capitals are a must.

‘Hollywood’ level.

Bollywood sings praises.

Someone’s clearly not happy

What else were you expecting?

Watched Udta Punjab? Tell us and tell us what you think about it!