Change Is Good: Presenting A New Youth Ki Awaaz

Posted on June 10, 2016 in Youth Ki Awaaz news

By Anshul Tewari:

At Youth Ki Awaaz, over the years, we’ve built a corner that is designed for those who wish to publish stories that drive impact. It has become a space where an open-letter can start a nation-wide campaign against menstrual taboos. It is where entrepreneurs can find space to talk about what really goes into building a company that cares. It is where people from different genders and sexual identities find space to talk about how a better world needs to be built. We work on amplifying progressive ideas and great stories to get them the audience they deserve – no matter who presents them. We agree to engage. Not everybody agrees with that, but we’re for those who do.

Change Is Good

To take these multiple conversations on YKA to the next level, in the last few months we spent time with our friends at Sputznik finding out what would make creating and consuming stories a more user-friendly experience. With the new design we are also launching our new submission zone that lets you do a lot more. It is your own space to write, edit, submit photos or videos – as many as you want. We’re all about content, and the submission zone lets you create just that – distraction free. And you can use it from any device, anywhere.

Submit

You also get a great looking, sleek personal feed where you can track your published content and the ones pending in review. Our new profile editor lets you edit your bio quickly, swiftly, on the fly. And the entire site has been developed keeping the focus on the content.

New Layout

Collections

YKA is community driven and while different people talk about different topics, there are always some that generate widespread conversation. More and more people want to be able to consume diverse and high-quality content on topics that are trending, or are important to them. To help you track these better, we’re launching Collections – groups of posts that represent bold ideas. Our first few present some of the most progressive ideas on topics from body shaming to social good.

A New Logo

YKA Logo - Black (JPEG)

At the heart of this freshness is the new YKA logo – with hints of our old legacy logo, the new one presents a more conversational, communicable idea that we’re all about speaking up!

What’s To Follow

Over the next few weeks and months, we will be adding a lot more to fuel the idea behind YKA. For the wrap, I leave you with the genesis behind this design, as articulated by our Design and Brand Manager, Moumita Das, “The simpler design puts more focus on Youth Ki Awaaz. The YKA community has evolved over the past 8 years from a blog to so much more — a global platform to raise your voice, break stereotypes and create social impact. Our updated look reflects how powerful and diverse your storytelling, Youth Ki Awaaz has become.

This isn’t the first time we’ve changed our look and it probably won’t be the last, but we think we’ve taken the best of YKA (simple, uncluttered, impactful, friendly), and recast it not just for the YKA of today, but for the YKA of the future. Thank you for giving this community its life and colour. You ensure that the dream and idea of YKA is realised.”

REPORT THIS POST