Watch: 2 Brought Dead, 103 Pellet Victims, Says Head Of Govt. Medical College, Kashmir

Posted on July 15, 2016 in Kashmir, Stories by YKA, Video

By Daanish Bin Nabi for Youth Ki Awaaz:

Shri Maharaja Hari Singh Hospital (SMHS) has been at the forefront for treating the injured youth in the present ongoing violent unrest in Kashmir following the death of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander Burhan Muzaffar Wani. The team of doctors, with hardly any break, is treating the injured youth round the clock. Kashmiri volunteers have thronged the hospital, providing free food, medicines, water, eatables and donating blood to the hospitals. SMHS is in utter chaos due to huge influx of injured youth.

Mostly pellet victims are treated at SMHS Hospital, which are over 103 in number. Doctors believe most of the patients have lost their eye sight for remaining part of their life. A doctor at the hospital said, “Even if they go outside Kashmir for treatment they won’t recover.”

The volunteers said that hospital is running out of essential equipment and medicine. However, Principal SMHS refuted such claims. While Principal SHMS says that his hospital and team of doctors are fully prepared and well-equipped to deal with any situation, state government on the other hand, has asked for help from the central government to send specialised doctor and other equipment.

Banner image credit: Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images