#NewsInTweets: 15-Year-Old Dalit Boy Allegedly Killed For ‘Intercaste’ Relationship

Posted on July 21, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A 15-year-old Dalit boy was allegedly killed over an affair with a 17-year-old girl. The police said the girl’s family didn’t approve of the relationship because of the boy was from a different caste. Seven people have been arrested for the murder in Mumbai.

2. 9 more Dalits tried to end their lives in Gujarat, in the violence and protests following the Una flogging incident. 16 people have been arrested and 4 policemen have been suspended so far.

3. Minor boys in Hyderabad burn 3 puppies alive, record a video. The police said they have been sent for counselling.

4. MH370 search team says they could have been looking for the plane in the wrong place. “Experts say plane could have glided rather than dived into the sea meaning they searched wrong patch of Indian Ocean for two years,” as per a Guardian story.

5. Ted Cruz gets booed off stage in New York, after his refusal to endorse Donald Trump.

6. BSP workers protest against Dayashankar Singh in Lucknow after his sexist comment on Mayawati.

7. Advance booking for Rajinikanth’s film ‘Kabali’ sets a new record in Chennai.

Get the top news of the day directly in your inbox!

Featured image source: HT Mumbai/Twitter