#NewsInTweets: 7 Teachers In Odisha Held For Allegedly Sexually Harassing 15 Students

Posted on July 24, 2016 in News

1. Seven teachers of a private school were booked for allegedly sexually harassing 15 girl students of classes VIII and IX at Damonjodi in Odisha’s Koraput district. The girl students said the teachers harassed them in classrooms, libraries and in the school lawns.

2. A suicide bombing on a peaceful protest killed at least 80, wounded over 200 in Afghanistan. The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for one of the worst attacks on the capital Kabul in 15 years of civil war.

3. Three Chinese journalists based in India have been asked to leave the country by the end of July. They were not allowed to renew their work visas. This move could spark a political row between the two countries.

4. Judith D’Souza, an Indian aid worker who was abducted in Afghanistan last month was rescued July 23 after a rescue operation was carried out. She’s back in India and safe, according to Sushma Swaraj.

5. 18-year-old Neeraj Chopra became the 1st Indian athlete to become a world champion. Chopra created a new U-20 world record by throwing the javelin a distance of 86.48m.

6. Curfew has been lifted from 4 districts in Kashmir – Ganderbal, Badgam, Bandipora and Baramulla. Schools shall be re-opened as well.

7. #Ride4Accessibility, a bike rally to demand #Access4All was flagged off from India Gate today.