#NewsInTweets: 30 Killed, 35 Injured And Several Missing After A Flood In Pakistan

Posted on July 3, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 30 killed in a flood in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. 35 people were injured and many are still missing. The floor occurred due to the overflowing of the Chitral river.

2. Kejriwal visits Punjab, talks about tackling drug terror and fulfilling Bhagat Singh’s dreams for the state.

3. A BMW of a Rajasthan lawmaker’s son rammed into an auto, killing 3. Police said he was drunk and overspeeding.

4. Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor Ellie Wiesel passes away at 87.

5. Leopard beaten to death by a group of villagers in Gujarat’s Bhavnagar district. The leopard had strayed into the village, though the reason of this act is still unclear.

6. HAL Tejas takes first flight after being inducted in the Indian Air Force.

7. World No. 1 Novak Djokovic knocked out of Wimbledon by Sam Querrey from the USA.

Featured image courtesy: Rajeev Bhaskar | Twitter

Banner image courtesy: Punjab Tribune | Twitter