#NewsInTweets: Son Of Jharkhand BJP Chief Allegedly Marries 11-Year-Old Girl

Posted on July 1, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Jharkhand BJP chief Tala Marandi’s son, allegedly married an 11-year-old girl on June 27. Munna Marandi was earlier accused of sexually abusing another minor.

2. A suicide bomber attacked an Afghan military convoy outside Kabul, killing at least 40 people and injuring at least 40 more The Taliban has claimed responsibility for it.

3. A Hindu priest was hacked to death in Bangladesh by unidentified machete-wielding assailants. There have been several such attacks in the recent past.

4. Indian Air Force will induct its first batch of Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, the smallest lightweight, multi-role, single-engine tactical fighter aircraft in the world.

5. Indian national team goalkeeper, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu became the first Indian footballer to play in Europa League. He plays for Norwegian club Stabaek FC.

6. A 13-year-old boy died under mysterious circumstances after a scuffle with two teenagers near his house in Delhi.

7. 1,138 pilgrims leave Jammu today as the first batch of the Amarnath Yatra that begins tomorrow.

8. New York is building its first ever affordable housing units specifically for LGBT seniors. The 145-unit building is said to be the nation’s largest senior housing site for the LGBT community.