#NewsInTweets: 3 Arrested For Stripping And Beating Dalits For Skinning A Dead Cow

Posted on July 13, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. Gujarat Police has arrested 3 men for stripping and beating 4 Dalit men who were skinning a dead cow. The accused belong to a local cow protection committee.

2. The National Investigation Agency has arrested two important members of the Hyderabad IS module.

3. A Delhi University student succumbs to bullet wounds in Kashmir. The death toll in the violence following Burhan Wani’s killing has gone up to 32.

4. Raj Babbar becomes chief of Congress’ UP unit ahead of the 2017 state assembly elections.

5. Scientist claim that India and Bangladesh could be hit by a major earthquake, possibly of magnitude 9 on Richter scale.

6. The mastermind of the Peshawar school attack in 2014 has been killed in a US drone strike. 140 school children had died in the attack carried out by the Pakistani Taliban.

7. 25 people have died and dozens injured in a train collision in southern Italy on Tuesday morning.

Featured image source: Twitter.
Banner image credit: Ravi Choudhary/Hindustan Times via Getty Images.