#NewsInTweets: Tribal Woman Sells Baby Boy For Rs. 2000, For Reasons Not Yet Known

Posted on July 14, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A tribal woman from Ramgarh district, Jharkhand, sold her 2-day-old baby boy for Rs. 2,000 to a businessman. The baby has been recovered and returned to her. The reason behind why she sold the baby has not been ascertained yet.

2. The death toll in Kashmir in the violence that erupted after Burhan Wani’s killing rises to 36. On July 13, a 22-year-old named Hilal Ahmed Dar was allegedly killed in police firing in Harnag village in south Kashmir.

3. 600 Indians are going to be airlifted in war-torn South Sudan in an operation dubbed SankatMochan.

4. Theresa May has taken over as the British Prime Minister.

5. Two separate incidents of suicide took place in IIT Madras campus on Wednesday. One of them was a 34-year-old research scholar and the other is the wife of a professor.

6. The SC has restored Congress’ Nabam Tuki government in Arunachal Pradesh and declared the Governor’s decision to impose President’s Rule as “unconstitutional”.

7. An important crossing between Gaza and Israel is set to reopen for the movement of goods after 9 years. The Erez crossing had been restricted to individuals since 2007.

Featured image for representation only. Credit: IndiaPictures/UIG via Getty.
Banner image for representation only. Credit: REUTERS/Danish Ismail.