#NewsInTweets: 60 Killed In Army Coup In Turkey; Death Toll In Kashmir Rises To 39

Posted on July 16, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. A faction of the military in Turkey attempted a coup. 60 were killed in the violence and over 300 were arrested. The Turkish President addressed the nation afterwards, with the capital Istanbul in a state of panic. Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has advised all Indians to stay indoors.

2. Death toll in Kashmir rises to 39. An IAS officer in the state has said that state killing its own citizens is like “self-injury”.

3. Aziz Ansari makes history, first Indian-American to be nominated for an Emmy.

4. France declares 3-day national mourning after attack in Nice.

5. Trust vote in Arunachal Pradesh today, Nabam Tuki may name his successor.

6. BJP said Pakistan should observe a ‘Black Day’ for “breeding terrorism”.

7. Salman Khan is the most-searched actor on Google in the past ten years, data revealed.