By YKA Staff:
What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:
1. Kerala HC has upheld the decision of a college to dismiss a couple for living together. The petition challenging the decision by the Mar Thoma College of Science and Technology, Chadayamangalam, had been filed by the female student in question on Friday.
2. 10 CRPF commandos were killed and 5 injured in an IED blast in Bihar in a confrontation with Maoists. It is reported that 3 Maoists were also killed in the encounter.
3. 7 Dalit youths in Gujarat attempt suicide to protest the brutal attack on fellow community members last week. Of these, 5 were in Rajkot district and 2 in Jamkandorna district. Last week, Dalit men had been assaulted for allegedly killing a cow by a local cow protection committee in Somnath district.
4. Navjot Singh Sidhu has quit the Rajya Sabha to which he was appointed by the BJP. It is reported that he might join AAP.
5. BCCI is set to relieve members older than 70. N. Srinivasan and Sharad Pawar will no longer be part of the board.
6. A 17-year-old Afghan teenager in Germany attacks passengers on a train with an axe, injuring 19. He was shot dead by German police as he was trying to escape. He is reported to have shouted “Allahu Akbar”.
7. According to Oxfam, the top 6 global economies house only 9% of the total refugees in the world.
8. Wildlife traffickers use code words to sell body parts of endangered animals on e-commerce websites. The central government has said that these websites include Amazon, Snapdeal, OLX, EBay, Alibaba and Quikr.