#NewsInTweets: PM Modi Proposes Tiranga Yatras To Evoke ‘Nationalism And Patriotism’

Posted on July 20, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. PM Modi has proposed that BJP should take out Tiranga Yatras across India to evoke “nationalism and patriotism”. The Yatras, that would go on for a week, are to begin on Independence Day.

2. Donald Trump officially crowned the Republican nominee for the US Presidential elections.

3. Supreme Court asks Rahul Gandhi to apologise or face a defamation case for his remarks about RSS. He had previously blamed the RSS for the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.

4. Hashim Ansari, the oldest litigant in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid case, dies at the age of 95 in Ayodhya.

5. A Hyderabad techie was stabbed to death by his roommate in Austin, USA. Sankeerth had gone to the US two and a half years ago for his Masters in Science.

6. A policeman was killed in the violence that erupted after a Dalit youth committed suicide in Gujarat. The suicide was a protest against the brutal assault on Dalit youths last week in Somnath district.

7. Researchers in the US have found an antibiotic that could block Zika virus from infecting the foetus.

Featured image credit: Kevin Frayer/Getty Images.