#NewsInTweets: Denied Temple Entry By Caste Hindus, 250 Dalit Families Turn To Islam

Posted on July 28, 2016 in News

By YKA Staff:

What’s the latest around the world today? Curated for you from the interwebz, here’s a quick morning fix to keep you updated. In 140 characters at that! Presenting, #NewsInTweets:

1. 250 Dalit families from 2 villages in Tamil Nadu have decided to convert to Islam. The immediate reason for it was the denial of the right to worship at temples by upper caste Hindus.

2. PM Modi is going to chair a meeting of NITI Aayog for a 15-year vision document today for all-round development of the country.

3. After heavy rains in Himachal, the Met department has issued a landslide alert.

4. The Union government has approved the setting up of an AIIMS in Bhatinda under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.

5. 44 people were killed in a blast in the Kurdish-controlled city of Qamishli in Syria. ISIS claims to have carried out the attack.

6. 64 people have been killed in Nepal due to heavy rains and floods.

7. Bhumata Brigade president Trupti Desai beats a man in public for allegedly raping a woman. The man is reported to have made false promises of marriage to the woman.

8. Over 52 million people in India suffer from chronic hepatitis. The World Health Organisation has declared this to be a serious public health problem in our country.

Featured image for representation only. Credit: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images.